Solved: Please follow the instructions below on how to ent...

Where do I report recaptured depreciation on the sale of my main home?

In 2018 I sold my main home.  During the period when I owned the home, there were 2 yrs when I lived elsewhere, rented it out and took a depreciation deduction.  I know I need to recapture the depreciation but I do not know where to report it.

Please follow the instructions below on how to enter the sale and enter the depreciation taken:

1. Click "Personal Income" on the top
  2. Click "I'll choose what to work on"
  3. Scroll down to “Less Common Income” and click "Start" next to "Sale of Home”
  4. Answer "Yes" to the question "Did you sell or have your home foreclosed in 2018?"
  5. Answer questions until you get to the question “Depreciation after May 6, 1997
  6. Enter the Depreciation Taken
  7. TurboTax will calculate the taxable gain.

1. Click "Personal Income" on the top
  2. Click "I'll choose what to work on"
  6. Enter the Depreciation Taken