guslex

One of my charitable donations will not delete

I hit the delete button after drilling into the donation and it remains.
SteamTrain

There was a software fix issued for that one

...BUT...but...IF you had "untitled" donations remaining before the "fix", those may not get cleared by the "Fix".....the FIX may only be for new entries.  (and the values of those prior entered items are not included until you do the following)

So

1) Go to the Federal Review and go thru there and put a phony date there for every item donated..like 01/01/2016 so it's easy to see...If you had multiple items donated, you will have to enter the date for EVERY item.

2) then go back to the Charity Donations section, go thru any charity where you had entered "Items" and you will now see a 01/01/2016 date for that donation.  Then, either.....Edit it to be the correct date, or Delete it entirely if you don't remember what it represents, or had already re-entered that exact same donation later.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
JOCM

on Schedule 2 of my Indiana return I typed a 1 instead of a 2 in a box. I've tried to make a correction but the whole form is grayed out and no correction can be made. What's your response and recommendation. And...if  you make a recommendation, please also tell me how to do what you recommend.

SteamTrain

@JOCM   Tacking on to a 1-year old question won't get much traction

Please start Brand New Question of your own.

You need to indicate
1)....what type of software you are using (Online or Desktop).
2).....version?  Deluxe, Premier, H&B or SE or what?
3)  where you made the entry in the first place.....if desktop...whether you are in Error Check or in the actual interview
4)  And don't forget to mention it's Indiana...so someone with the Indiana software can reply...(because I don't have Indiana.)