On the home mortgage interest worksheet it asks fo...

On the home mortgage interest worksheet it asks for an amount on line f4 but i cannot put an amount in?

i cannot finish my return without putting the amount borrowed in that boix

Line f4 is the amount borrowed in 2020.  This should be posted in step by step as a 2020 mortgage.

To post your mortgage interest you will start with:

• Deductions & Credits
  • Select Mortgage Interest & Refinancing
  • Enter Bank name ( you may import the file, or if you have a copy you may enter it yourself)
  • To enter yourself select Change how I enter my form
  • There are two boxes. Do not select either
  • Select Type it myself
  • Continue with the interview

did not answer my question, but I fixed it myself...thanks

How did you end up fixing this? I'm having the same issue and can't figure it out. 

What did you do to fix it?  I am having the same problem.

If I recall correctly, I ended up having to right click in the field and click "Override" (or something like that). Then, it allowed me to edit the blank. 

On the worksheet, I clicked the box where I needed to enter my amount.  Then I went to edit and I clicked override.  I was then able to type in the box.