turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mina91393

Where do I find foreign source amount on my 1099-div? I only see foreign tax paid. within the document I see two items with a foreign dividend amount and a qualified dividend number. is it these numbe

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where do I find foreign source amount on my 1099-div? I only see foreign tax paid. within the document I see two items with a foreign dividend amount and a qualified dividend number. is it these numbe

New for 2017 is the following flaw: If there is an entry in 1099-DIV box 6, TT will immediately and incorrectly require an entry in box 6d and will mark it as an error until an amount is entered.  Box 6d is “the foreign source amount included in dividends.”  If F1116 is filled out, there is a screen to input that amount which TT will insert into box 6d and thus clear the error.  If F1116 is not filled out because the user elects to use the exemption or the deduction, then bring up the 1099-DIV worksheet and type a zero into box 6d to remove the error.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

New for 2017 is the following flaw: If there is an entry in 1099-DIV box 6, TT will immediately and incorrectly require an entry in box 6d and will mark it as an error until an amount is entered.  Box 6d is “the foreign source amount included in dividends.”  If F1116 is filled out, there is a screen to input that amount which TT will insert into box 6d and thus clear the error.  If F1116 is not filled out because the user elects to use the exemption or the deduction, then bring up the 1099-DIV worksheet and type a zero into box 6d to remove the error.

serene12

It doesn't even let me go through to create F1116. It just leads me to main page on the half way!
lgwedmonds
Returning Member

I went to form and changed field 6d to 0; now TT is in a loop; keeps returning to 'summary' and 'check for accuracy' again and again after some 'continue' responses
ciarmer
Returning Member

TurboTax update R21 (March 14) to fixed this issue on my return. The 1099-Div Worksheet now acts properly and doesn't ask for an entry for line "d" in box 6 if the box on line "a" is checked (opting for deducting foreign taxes on Schedule A).
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies