Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GoodyGBR

Nebraska Tax credit

Hell Turbo Tax,  I need to retroactively file for this tax credit for year 2020,2021 and 2022.

I was told I don't need to do a full amended return but rather turbo tax has a form to complete.

Whether this is correct or not could you please reply with the process and forms to complete this?

Also will I need to complete separately for all three years.

Thank yoy

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
GoodyGBR

Nebraska Tax credit

additionally when the Nebraska tax credit is refunded. Will this need to be reported on the next tax year as in income similar to a tax refund?  I hope not as this not additional tax revenue it is my overpayment being returned.  Please advise if able to comment on this matter.

Nebraska Tax credit

You do not mention the specific credit you are trying to get--only that it is for the state of Nebraska.   No one can see your tax returns.   Each tax year is separate, so if you need to amend returns to seek a credit, you will have to amend each tax year in question and mail in the amended state returns to Nebraska.   If you filed your federal and state returns using TurboTax, you can amend the state returns without amending the federal returns.

To amend only a state return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2824532-i-need-to-amend-my-state-return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3827521-can-i-efile-an-amended-state-return

Mail each amended return in its own separate envelope so that they get processed without one being overlooked by the human(s) opening the mail.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies