Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NCP gets intercepted for child support, can the IRS take "the money intended for child support intercept" from the custodial parent to pay CP back taxes?

I owe back taxes. Can IRS take refund monies from NCP meant for child support arrears and apply to CP back taxes?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

NCP gets intercepted for child support, can the IRS take "the money intended for child support intercept" from the custodial parent to pay CP back taxes?

What is NCP and CP?
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Non custodial parent/Custodial parent. I owe back taxes and my child's fathers refund got intercepted for child support.  Since the money ultimately comes to me, will IRS take it?

When there are debts that offset a refund, the IRS gets paid first.  Second priority is child support, third priority is other federal debts like student loans.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/Taxes-101/Who-Can-Garnish-an-Income-Tax-Refund-/INF19...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies