colby1039

My spouse had earned income in 2016 (foreign). But the application is still telling me that we don't qualify for the childcare deduction.

I work for an American employer in Germany, but my wife works for a German one.  We both earned income in 2016, but she doesn't have a W2.  I registered her income in the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion section, but for some reason I still don't qualify for the childcare deduction, since TurboTax still thinks that we had only one earned income.

bine22

if you are excluding her income, she doesnt have any income to qualify for the dependent care credit.

bine22

are you using the foreign earned income exclusion?
colby1039

Yes, she's listed in the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion, but it doesn't register that for the childcare deduction check.
bine22