Missing Stimulus Payments

Missing Stimulus Payments

I didn't receive stimulus payments for 2 of my children on the first deposit=(1,000$) and didn't receive anything for the second stimulus =(2,300$) in total.

How do I get what's owed?

I see no option that's called "Recovery Rebate Tax Credit", but only "Did you get a stimulus payment in 2020?
It doesn't allow me to input any kind of amount that was never received though.

Only asks if I did receive a payment and how much or if I didn't receive a payment at all.

If I select "Yes" I did receive a payment and input the 1,200 payment amount, then I do not get any option to input the other amounts that I never received.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and I Thank You in advance.

Missing Stimulus Payments

currently TT is only programmed for the 1st stimulus; give it a few weeks for them to adjust the software and everything should work out.  Only put the 1st payment you received when answering TT's current question; wait to enter how much you received the 2nd time until the software is updated.

It's going to ask both times what you received; it will not ask what you didn't receive - it can figure that out on its own.  Look at Line 30 of Form 1040 and be sure you are comfortable what is listed there before hitting the 'send' button and filing. 

TT tends to update software overnight Wednesday night.  

Missing Stimulus Payments

Any idea who claims the check if we are filing separate this year?

Missing Stimulus Payments

I would split it since each was entitled to half on the joint return form 2018 and 2019 .... but why was your filing separate? it normally is to your disadvantage.  96% of married folks file joint. 

Missing Stimulus Payments

By splitting our income and claiming all the kids my monthly payment goes from 400 to 0

Missing Stimulus Payments

What monthly payment?  School loans?

Missing Stimulus Payments

Yes