kbilling

Last year, I purchased a share of a marina for which I pay an annual fee for taxes, insurance, etc. Can I deduct the portion of that fee that is the local county tax?

DS30

It depends - You would only be able to take an itemized deduction for local county income or property taxes if you actually paid the taxes directly yourself and your name is on the deed for the marina.

If you are paying an annual fee to an association that holds the property and the taxes are paid by the association, then you cannot claim any deduction for the taxes.

DS30