Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kbilling

Last year, I purchased a share of a marina for which I pay an annual fee for taxes, insurance, etc. Can I deduct the portion of that fee that is the local county tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

Last year, I purchased a share of a marina for which I pay an annual fee for taxes, insurance, etc. Can I deduct the portion of that fee that is the local county tax?

It depends - You would only be able to take an itemized deduction for local county income or property taxes if you actually paid the taxes directly yourself and your name is on the deed for the marina.

If you are paying an annual fee to an association that holds the property and the taxes are paid by the association, then you cannot claim any deduction for the taxes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DS30

It depends - You would only be able to take an itemized deduction for local county income or property taxes if you actually paid the taxes directly yourself and your name is on the deed for the marina.

If you are paying an annual fee to an association that holds the property and the taxes are paid by the association, then you cannot claim any deduction for the taxes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies