turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

melstours

Just sold a business foe 180,000.00 that I bought for $205,000.00. My husband passed we had it for over 10 years and did have depreciation. How do i estimate my taxes.

My husband passed and I can no longer handle the business all monies wrnt to pay off the loan.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Just sold a business foe 180,000.00 that I bought for $205,000.00. My husband passed we had it for over 10 years and did have depreciation. How do i estimate my taxes.

You may need to seek professional help from a qualified accountant.  Generally, there will be recapture on some of the business assets depreciated.  And this will determine the amount of the gain incurred on the sale.  

Click the link for the calculator below that can help determine your capital gain and can provide an estimate on how much tax you need to pay on the sale.  Do not use any commas in your numbers.

https://apiexchange.com/capital-gain-tax-calculator/

I'm very sorry for your loss.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You may need to seek professional help from a qualified accountant.  Generally, there will be recapture on some of the business assets depreciated.  And this will determine the amount of the gain incurred on the sale.  

Click the link for the calculator below that can help determine your capital gain and can provide an estimate on how much tax you need to pay on the sale.  Do not use any commas in your numbers.

https://apiexchange.com/capital-gain-tax-calculator/

I'm very sorry for your loss.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies