cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert Alumni

Issue with "Limited interest and points must be entered"

If you have already entered the 1098 and are now looking for the adjustment screen:

Click Federal

Click Deductions & Credits

Scroll down to "Mortgage Interest and Refinancing (Form 1098)" and click Edit/Add

On the "Here's your 1098 info" screen, click Done

The next screen asks "Do any of theses situations apply to you?" CLICK THE YES RADIO BUTTON and continue 

Enter the amount you can claim 

@akira851338998

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Highlighted

I am using the online version and do not am not seeing the "Do any of theses situations apply to you?" question no matter what I try.  Also solution suggested to change the worksheet response from "yes" to "no" does not seem to be available in the online version. 

Seems that many people are having this issue.  Please respond with a solution that works asap.

Highlighted
Expert Alumni

Click Federal then Deductions & Credits

Scroll down to Mortgage Interest and Refinancing (Form 1098) and click Edit/Add

On the "Here's your 1098 info" screen, click Done

The next screen should ask "Do any of these situations apply to you? 

CLICK YES

Click Continue

On the next screen, adjust for the full amount.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Highlighted
Level 1

This is not working solution

Highlighted

Thank you very much Itguy4123!! I had to fill my returns from the scratch all over again as whenever I enter something here, it was raising the money I owe to fed by a significant amount although we don't fall under this category. Your tip to edit the forms directly helped me the agony!!!!

Highlighted
Level 1

I'm having the same issue. I have 2 1098's for 2 separate properties. I'm using TT Online. I've deleted and re entered the 1098's with the same issue during review. How do I get into forms so I can uncheck "Yes" on "Does you mortgage interest need to be limited:"???

Highlighted

Hello everyone. I am having this issue as well. Has anyone found any working solutions?? I am an online user so do not have the forms option described. I have deleted and re-entered my 1098's to try to get the "do any of these situations apply to you?" and it does not show up. This is super frustrating as I can't figure out a workaround here, and it's the only hold up I have from filing!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!! I'm really unsure what to do from here if I can't find a solution.