Mac1981

Incorrect return received

I've been using turbo tax for 5 years now.

and this time i was suppose to receive 3,425 fed plus 256 state.

total of 3,681. Minus 280 for the fees (170 fed, 50 state, 60 max defend and restore) new total of 3,401. I only received 3,140 in my bank acct.. so 3,401-3140= 261 is missing. 
i tried to contact them and they just told me to contact IRS. I mean, i paid extra expecting good service, but instead i was just magically disconnected and never got the call back. I said "magically" because while still talking to representative i got the email that says "issue was resolved" blah blah 

i would not use it turbotax again. thats for sure.

Incorrect return received

Don't include state.  Federal and state come from different places at different different times.  Sounds right for Federal alone.  You can only have the fees deducted from a federal refund.

Mac1981

Incorrect return received

Got it, so if thats the case then 3,425 is my federal total, minus the fees of 280= 3,145. And i only received 2,884 from federal.

3,145-2,884= 261. So i'm still missing the same amount of 261, which was my question from my original post.

thanks.

Mac1981

Incorrect return received

From my original post, i just assumed i would get the $256 from state (according to turbotax when i filed)  But my first reply to you is the actual amount (2,884) i receieved so far from federal. My federal return should be 3,425 according go turbo tax when i filed. Minus 280 fees.

3425-280=3145. And i only received 2884 Fed.

3145-2882=261. Still missing 261. Or is it normal to receive a different amount from what youre suppose to get when you file?

Incorrect return received

Did you look at your actual 1040 return?  Line 35a is the refund.  If the IRS sent you a different amount (before the fees are taken out) they will mail you a letter explaining what they adjusted.  What version did you use that federal was $170?  

Incorrect return received

Also remember that there may be state sales tax charged on the TT fees.

Incorrect return received

You said you were missing $261.  That could mean your $256 state refund hasn't been issued yet, and the extra missing $5 is state sales tax on the TT fees.  But both Federal and state can still make adjustments to your filings.  If so, they mail you a letter, but do not notify TT.