turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mac1981

Incorrect return received

I've been using turbo tax for 5 years now.

and this time i was suppose to receive 3,425 fed plus 256 state.

total of 3,681. Minus 280 for the fees (170 fed, 50 state, 60 max defend and restore) new total of 3,401. I only received 3,140 in my bank acct.. so 3,401-3140= 261 is missing. 
i tried to contact them and they just told me to contact IRS. I mean, i paid extra expecting good service, but instead i was just magically disconnected and never got the call back. I said "magically" because while still talking to representative i got the email that says "issue was resolved" blah blah 

i would not use it turbotax again. thats for sure.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Don't include state.  Federal and state come from different places at different different times.  Sounds right for Federal alone.  You can only have the fees deducted from a federal refund.

Mac1981

Got it, so if thats the case then 3,425 is my federal total, minus the fees of 280= 3,145. And i only received 2,884 from federal.

3,145-2,884= 261. So i'm still missing the same amount of 261, which was my question from my original post.

thanks.

Mac1981

From my original post, i just assumed i would get the $256 from state (according to turbotax when i filed)  But my first reply to you is the actual amount (2,884) i receieved so far from federal. My federal return should be 3,425 according go turbo tax when i filed. Minus 280 fees.

3425-280=3145. And i only received 2884 Fed.

3145-2882=261. Still missing 261. Or is it normal to receive a different amount from what youre suppose to get when you file?

Did you look at your actual 1040 return?  Line 35a is the refund.  If the IRS sent you a different amount (before the fees are taken out) they will mail you a letter explaining what they adjusted.  What version did you use that federal was $170?  

Also remember that there may be state sales tax charged on the TT fees.

You said you were missing $261.  That could mean your $256 state refund hasn't been issued yet, and the extra missing $5 is state sales tax on the TT fees.  But both Federal and state can still make adjustments to your filings.  If so, they mail you a letter, but do not notify TT.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies