ShanonW

In the PA state section, it asks to input other office expenses, Does that mean your total expenses from your federal? Or just what is listed under office expenses

I went with the simplified home office deduction, its $1500, do I enter that amount or my total expenses?  I entered total expenses, and filed. Once I printed it and I could see the print out, I dont think I was to enter that, bc now it is showing me a negative amount under profit/loss on state.
re2boys

PA does not allow the simplified home office deduction method.  YOu must input all expenses to be pro-rated as a percentage of home office to total home.

ShanonW

I assume I will need to amend my federal return to correct this?
re2boys

No, but you will need to understand how to calculate allowable home office expense deduction using actual costs. No requirement that you use the same method on federal and state that I know of.d  Or skip in on PA.