Solved: In box 14 the amount of Union dues is listed. How do I know if the union dues are pretaxed and if they are can I still list them under job expenses?

In box 14 the amount of Union dues is listed. How do I know if the union dues are pretaxed and if they are can I still list them under job expenses?

Generally speaking, union dues are not a "pretax" item.  Take a look at a paycheck stub to be sure.  

If they are "pretax," you can not deduct them, as pretax items are already not taxed, and to do so would be double-dipping.  

However, if they are not pretax, you may deduct them as job expenses.