turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cprmckee

Was does the system say my wife did not have HDHP coverage during 2017, when she was on our family plan the whole year?

why does the system say my wife did not have HDHP coverage during 2017, when she was on our family plan the whole year?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Was does the system say my wife did not have HDHP coverage during 2017, when she was on our family plan the whole year?

If your spouse was covered under your HSA plan, see the following:

When going through the questions, you will get to a screen entitled "What type of High Deductible Health Plan did [spouse] have on December 1st 2016?" (see screenshot below).  

If your spouse was covered under your health insurance plan, then you should select "none" not "family or self-only." You are selecting none because your spouse does not have their own coverage, they are covered under your plan.  If you select one of the other options, then you will get the notification about a coverage lapse.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If your spouse was covered under your HSA plan, see the following:

When going through the questions, you will get to a screen entitled "What type of High Deductible Health Plan did [spouse] have on December 1st 2016?" (see screenshot below).  

If your spouse was covered under your health insurance plan, then you should select "none" not "family or self-only." You are selecting none because your spouse does not have their own coverage, they are covered under your plan.  If you select one of the other options, then you will get the notification about a coverage lapse.  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies