turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kemjll00

I have a home office. Can I include the landscaping expenses as part of the total expenses?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardG

I have a home office. Can I include the landscaping expenses as part of the total expenses?

The US Tax Court has allowed landscaping costs as part of the home-office deduction in limited cases where the taxpayer used his home as his sole office and his clients regularly came to his home to conduct business.  If that's your situation, you may claim landscaping as part of your deduction.  Otherwise, it's not advisable.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RichardG

The US Tax Court has allowed landscaping costs as part of the home-office deduction in limited cases where the taxpayer used his home as his sole office and his clients regularly came to his home to conduct business.  If that's your situation, you may claim landscaping as part of your deduction.  Otherwise, it's not advisable.

randyb010

Where would this expense be appropriately entered?
iOne
Level 4

If you qualified, you'd count it as a maintenance expense on the house, then reduce it by to the % business use.
Manage cookies