jackieboy1952

If my mother is claiming me as a deduction I want to make sure that what turbo tax put as my standard deduction of $12,200 is correct

Filing as Single your Standard Deduction is $12,200.  You have to indicate on your tax return that you are being claimed as a dependent in the My Info section of the program.

NCperson

but if you file as a dependent of another, I thought the standard deduction was: 

Dependents: Your standard deduction may be reduced if you are claimed as a dependent on another person's tax return. If you were another person's dependent during a Tax Year, your standard deduction will generally be limited to the greater of $1,100 or your earned income plus $350.

that may or may not be $12,200, depending on how much the dependent earned.