Solved: If I qualify for the standard married deduction of 24000 should I even fill out the itemized deduction work sheet since the most deduction I would get from that is 10000?

If I qualify for the standard married deduction of 24000 should I even fill out the itemized deduction work sheet since the most deduction I would get from that is 10000?

If you want to skip entering your itemized deductions you can do that.  Many people will not have enough itemized deductions this year to itemize, and will just be getting their new higher standard deduction.  The thing is, though, that some of those deductions could make a difference on a state return even if they do not affect your federal return.  Information flows from your federal return to your state return, so it might not be a bad idea to go ahead and enter them anyhow.  It cannot hurt you.