Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mhcollc

What-if Worksheet" re: child tax credit & earned income credit error - IF you are not claiming the EIC, I have found a workaround

It worked for us!!!! Thanks for the help!!!!! It is now filed.......

What-if Worksheet" re: child tax credit & earned income credit error - IF you are not claiming the EIC, I have found a workaround

Worked here as well. Much appreciated!
juan0621

Great!!!

Had to actually search for the worksheet but it worked. Corrected the error and filed.

Thank you
ambarth

Thank you!!

I have the deluxe version on a PC, but this doesn't work for me.  On my Earned Income Wks it doesn't show lines A/B/C, but rather they're all numbered.  There's no mention or selection for elect to use, etc...   :(
Really aggravated with TT right now

The form on my Costco CD-installed Deluxe version doesn't have the "Hurricane Victims" lines. But the errors still occur, nonetheless.  Suppose I'll have to wait for Turbotax fix.
njfliiboy

The form is there. I thought the same thing. There’s a button on the left after you click view forms. It says open forms. After you click that there’s a search space. Just type earned income and click the second option. I forgot the exact title but it wasn’t the worksheet. You’ll see it there

Yes, you're right. The EIC worksheet and the Earned Income Credit form are different. I found the proper one and made the corrections, and the fix works. However, I had to change the pre-populated dollar amount in line C to zero, which means I'm changing something Turbotax had already calculated. That does worry me a little.
gwangell

The workaround just worked for me...Thanks!

I don't even have an EIC worksheet... still getting the error!
tvcrider

I worked for me, but I really had to search for the correct form. Thanks!
mhcollc

It does not matter if you don't have EIC, it will give you the error anyway.  Go to the form and answer a, b and c and it will be corrected.
ptlinva

It worked for me as well!  Thank you so very kindly!!!

genius njfliiboy and levinscap89.  Followed these instructions and I've submitted.  Hopefully they accept.  Thanks!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies