Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

bbalczo

What-if Worksheet" re: child tax credit & earned income credit error - IF you are not claiming the EIC, I have found a workaround

Worked !! Thanks a lot!!!
leonlam3

What-if Worksheet" re: child tax credit & earned income credit error - IF you are not claiming the EIC, I have found a workaround

THANK YOU!!!

I don't have the option of "election to use 2016 Ei....." anywhere on the dang worksheet....this is killing me!!!
ptlinva

I couldn't find it either.  I went to the step-by-step and searched for the EIC section.  Then when I clicked forms, it took me to the exact form that was referred to above.  Good Luck!

I had to search for the worksheet. Took me several attempts to find it. Not Intuitive TBT !

worked - thanks - still think Turbotax should provide  refund
ptlinva

I agree... or at least next year's for free for the stress incurred.
sferron_7

Has TurboTax made fix yet?

Yes, I got an email from them at 9:45 a.m. (Pacific Time) announcing the fix. So far it appears that the EIC form has simply disappeared, but that might be because of my particular tax situation.  Everything else seems to work properly now.
laneydos

Idk what they did but I've been using turbotax for 17 years, this is the first year I've had that issue. They need to take care of that, now! I couldn't find all that this person said, but when I clicked on the "errors" I saw what it said and put "0" in both columns and that fixed it.

YAY! The bug fix worked and I've e-filed -- thanks TurboTax team!

Before I do this work around, how do i know if I am claiming the EIC?

Bump

whitesys

This also worked for me - was able to efile --- thanks.
ray3

update was released to fix this
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies