Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I sold vacant land and have a 1099S but only sale of a house keeps coming up on Turbo tax, where do I enter vacant land sales?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I sold vacant land and have a 1099S but only sale of a house keeps coming up on Turbo tax, where do I enter vacant land sales?

To enter an investment sale other than from a brokerage account (1099-B), follow the steps below.

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Under Investment Income
  • On Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other, click the start or update button

Or enter investment sales in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to investment sales

On the screen Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2020? click on Yes

On the screen OK, what type of investments did you sell? click on Other and then on Continue

Continue past the screen Tell us more about this sale

On the screen Now we’ll walk you through entering your sale details, select the type of investment sold in the dropdown on What type of investment did you sell?

Continue with this section until it completes.

metwo1

All the answers I see on how to enter my sold vacant lot information do not work.  I do not have the option they mention.  Actually, this section just loops the 4 or 5 questions over and over again.  I have the Premier version. I have used Turbo Tax for years and I have never seen it loop the same questions over and over again.  And it will not pull up where to enter 1099S.

PattiF
Expert Alumni

The first instructions are for TurboTax Desktop and the second are for TurboTax Online. To clarify, which version of TurboTax are you using?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies