Solved: I sent my RMD from my IRA directly to several char...

a003704

I sent my RMD from my IRA directly to several charities for 2019. Should I include these under Charitable Donations?

Texas Roger

No you cannot enter a Qualified Charitable Distribution as a charitable donation. Make sure you answer the followup questions after entering the 1099-R to indicate how much of the distribution was for QCDs. 

The QCD amount is excluded from taxable income so you can't also take a deduction for it. 

Texas Roger

No.  You already got the deduction by not including the RMD as taxable income on your return.  And with the Standard Deduction being higher now you might not be itemizing anymore.  But you still get to exclude it from your income in addition to the Standard Deduction.