Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I refinanced and have two 1098 forms

Thanks but I was looking for the average loan value that one of the few previous posts mentioned were supposedly being added together when you had 2 or more 1098s

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Yes, look at your Part 1 line 2 of your Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet to see if your average balance is properly reflected.

@RotorJoe1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
h12345
Returning Member

I have the same question; however what form is everyone talking about??

how do you see the screenshot? And I have 3 1098's from the original loan and 1 1098 from the refi. Also on the original loan shouldn't the balance on the 1098 show 0.00 because it does not? It shows the balance it had at the time it was paid in full?

I have the same issue
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

To answer your question related to the balance on the Form 1098 for the original loan -- if you're referring to Box 2, Outstanding mortgage principal, it shouldn't reflect $0.00.  Box 2 is supposed to reflect the outstanding principal on the mortgage as of the beginning of the calendar year -- that is, January 1, 2022. 

The screenshot is most likely one on a previous page.  Select Previous at the bottom of the page to find it.

That said, it might be a good idea for you to ask a new question and include all of your relevant information.  It's hard to tell exactly what information you're referring to in a multi-page thread like yours, and if you open a new question your issues will be addressed separately.

To start a new thread with a new question you will select the Community dropdown at the top of the page, then select Community Basics. On the Community Basics page, you can ask a question.

@theresahill23 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies