turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I never received our child tax credit, we already filed our 2020 tax return I am I sure we qualify for the tax credit, when I go to the Irs site after signing in it said

we were not eligible for advanced payments ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I never received our child tax credit, we already filed our 2020 tax return I am I sure we qualify for the tax credit, when I go to the Irs site after signing in it said

Then you can claim the increased Child Tax Credit on your 2021 tax return to be filed next year.

I realize that but we are in need of that money now ? why do you think we didn't get it ? this is all so confusing 

@reesemuzik wrote:

I realize that but we are in need of that money now ? why do you think we didn't get it ? this is all so confusing 

The IRS determines eligibility and controls when and if an advance Child Tax Credit is issued.

Go to this IRS Advance Child Tax Credit Eligibility Assistant - https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/advance-child-tax-credit-eligibility-assistant

Go to this IRS website for eligibility FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/2021-child-tax-credit-and-advance-child-tax-credit-payments-t...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies