Ask the Experts about self-employment >> Event happening NOW!
kpschmidt1994

I moved for a new job in January of 2018. I stated my new job on 2/1/2018. I would like to deduct moving expenses.

CarolynM

Unfortunately, moving expenses were eliminated as a deduction unless you are in the military.

Sorry, but under the new tax laws moving expenses are not deductible on a federal return except for certain active duty members of the military

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482873-which-federal-tax-deductions-have-been-suspended-by-tax-re...