If you did not receive a W-2 for your wages, there is no need to complete the W-2 section. Report your foreign earned income on Form 2555.
If you started a W-2, then delete the W-2.
Enter w-2 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to w-2
To enter Foreign Earned Income -
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Less Common Income
- On Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion, click on the start or update button
Or enter foreign income in the Search/Find box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to foreign income
Still have questions?Make a post