grsr812

I have Parkinsons disease and participated in a patient fundee clinical trial which I paid 10,000 dollars for. Is this tax deductible?

Zbucklyo

If you paid $10,000 out-of-pocket, the cost would be deductible as a medical expense, subject to the limitation of the 10% of AGI threshold (only medical expenses in excess of 10% of AGI are deductible).

You paid THEM $10,000? Any insurance reimbursement?
grsr812

No, they dont cover experimental therapy, the reason i paid them is that the trial is for stem sell therapy and there is no drug company to find the study they use your own body stem cells it is however and FDA approved clinical trial
Zbucklyo

7.5% if age 65+