turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

grsr812

I have Parkinsons disease and participated in a patient fundee clinical trial which I paid 10,000 dollars for. Is this tax deductible?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have Parkinsons disease and participated in a patient fundee clinical trial which I paid 10,000 dollars for. Is this tax deductible?

If you paid $10,000 out-of-pocket, the cost would be deductible as a medical expense, subject to the limitation of the 10% of AGI threshold (only medical expenses in excess of 10% of AGI are deductible).

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You paid THEM $10,000? Any insurance reimbursement?
grsr812

No, they dont cover experimental therapy, the reason i paid them is that the trial is for stem sell therapy and there is no drug company to find the study they use your own body stem cells it is however and FDA approved clinical trial

If you paid $10,000 out-of-pocket, the cost would be deductible as a medical expense, subject to the limitation of the 10% of AGI threshold (only medical expenses in excess of 10% of AGI are deductible).

7.5% if age 65+
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies