I have no mortgage interest. Cannot find box to say mortgage interest does not apply. Program will not let me proceed.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no mortgage interest. Cannot find box to say mortgage interest does not apply. Program will not let me proceed.

1 Reply
Expert Alumni

Mortgage information is entered on Form 1098, in TurboTax - please follow these steps to delete:

• In your return, Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Deductions & Credits
  • Under "Your tax breaks", click on Edit/Add button for Mortgage Interest, Refinancing, and Insurance
  • On the "Mortgage deduction summary" page, click on the trash can to the right of the Mortgage Lender which you wish to remove
  • Click on the "Yes" button in answer to the question, "Are you sure you want to delete this lender?"
  • The mortgage lender is deleted

Or 

To remove the reference to home mortgage interest on your return, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal Deductions & Credits.
  2. In the Your Home section, click on the Start/Revisit box next to Mortgage Interest, Refinancing, and Insurance.  [See Screenshot, below.)
  3. Click Trashcan. Confirm deletion.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings