turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

null161

I have a mortgage and real estate taxes. Turbo tax keeps saying im doing a standard deduction when all my returns have been itemized. What is going on and how do I fix?

I need to file and dont know how to change from standard deduction to itemized.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a mortgage and real estate taxes. Turbo tax keeps saying im doing a standard deduction when all my returns have been itemized. What is going on and how do I fix?

Go down to the bottom of the Deductions & Credits page.  Continue till you get to We've Chosen Standard Deduction for You.  By the Change my Deduction box, you can switch. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rainydaze

It is possible that over time your mortgage interest and property taxes (and other itemizations) are no longer greater than the standard deduction (this happens as your mortgage interest drops the longer you've been paying them).  Are you able to confirm itemizing is greater than standard?

Go down to the bottom of the Deductions & Credits page.  Continue till you get to We've Chosen Standard Deduction for You.  By the Change my Deduction box, you can switch. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies