rickrudy

How do I turn off standard deduction choice for 2018 return so I can itemize? Once all my deductions are added, it will be greater then the std deduction.

I can't find where to turn off the automatic standard deduction selection.  Also, there's no schedule A to fill in.  My sch A will be larger than the std deduction.  Looked everywhere for the last 2 hours, and online answers don't help

KrisD

KrisD

Zbucklyo

Enter your deductions, and if the total is such that the amount of allowed itemized deductions are greater than the standard deduction, Turbotax will automatically switch over to itemized deductions.  Remember that itemized deductions do not count 1 for 1 as a reduction in income.  For example, only medical expenses in excess of 7.5% of your AGI count toward the itemized deduction.  Furthermore, there is a $10,000 limit on state and local taxes, including property tax.