How do I fill Total Income for Foreign Earned Tota...

maiamirkin1

How do I fill Total Income for Foreign Earned Total income? I get NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ELECTRONIC FILING because its has 0 value

pk

@maiamirkin1 , need some answers first before one can help--- 1. are you US citizen/Resident ( GreenCard); 2. which country are you living and earning in; 3. Is this your first year  in that country; 4. when did you arrive  at the foreign location; 5. are you single / married and if married is your spouse living with you ate foreign location;  6.  are you working for yourself ( self-employed/ sole proprietor ) or employed by a local entity; 6. which US state d you normally live in etc. etc.  The more information you provide  the more specific the answer will be.  Please answer my questions and I will come back and help

If you excluded all your income you will need to add $1 of bank interest to allow you to efile since you cannot efile a zero income return. 

maiamirkin1

Thank you Critter! Where do I need to add it? Can’t seem to find the correct section. 

@maiamirkin1 wrote:

Enter interest income in the Search box locate in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to interest income

On the Form 1099-INT enter any name in the Received from: box.  Enter $1 in Box 1