Hi expert! I’m going through this currently and it’s giving me the opportunity to fix my rejection but then it got rejected again and it’s saying the same thing as before. Even after I did the necessary steps when e-filing. What do I do? Does the 8862 form need to be personally submitted with appropriate tax forms? Do I have to paper file? Or what!! I need help 😥
You do not need to paper file, but you do need to add Form 8862 and answer ALL the associated questions.
Follow these steps to add Form 8862 to your taxes.
- Sign in to your TurboTax account and click Continue your return.
- Click Search in the upper right-hand corner and search for 8862.
- Select the first result: Jump to 8862.
Now you are at the beginning of the Earned Income Credit.
- Continue on the first two screens and stop when you see Do any of these uncommon situations apply?
- Check the box that says, I got an IRS notice saying that I can only claim the Earned Income Credit if I file an 8862 and Continue.
- Select Done, but hang on, there are a few more steps to go.
- Answer the question about your IRS notice.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"