1 Best answer
April 9, 2021 12:16 PM
Please follow these steps to remove a dependent in TurboTax:
- In your return, click on Personal Info tab
- Your Personal Info Summary will display
- On the Personal Info Summary screen, your dependents are listed just below your filing status
- Click on the Delete button for the dependent which you wish to delete
- A pop-up box will display, asking whether you wish to delete the dependent – click the Yes button to delete the dependent
- Click on Done button
- When you return to the Personal Info Summary page, the removed dependent will no longer display. Per@adrianenriquez
April 9, 2021 12:28 PM
To remove a dependent from your return, please follow these steps:
- After signing in to your account, click the down arrow in the Personal Info box.
- Click Review/Edit
- On the Personal Info Summary screen, scroll down to the section with the dependent's information.
- Click the Trash Can (Delete) icon next to their name.
- Go back into your return and click the Personal Info tab.
- Continue through the screens until you reach Your Children and Others You Support.
- Click the Delete box next to the dependent you want to remove from your return.