`

Hi, I paid $10,000 in 2019 to settle a personal injury lawsuit that was filed from an accident i was involved in a couple f years ago. Can i claim this as a deduction?

No.  That is a personal expense.  

If the injury was caused in the course of your business and you file a business tax return, it is a deductible business expense.  If it is a personal expense (you don't have a business or the injury was not caused in the course of business activities) then it is not deductible. 

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**