Hello, I was wondering how I state my foreign inco...

Hello, I was wondering how I state my foreign income from New Zealand. They don't give W-2s or a tax form. I just have a letter with my total income and tax deduction.

@eathandrail , so assuming that this is foreign earned income ( i.e. wages  for a local entity or self-employment income ), you do not need  a W-2.  Just use the details from your income statement  -- tell TurboTax  that this is foreign earned income ( you do not  enter this under "Wages" or" W-2 " -- under personal income tab,  select I" I will work on ...." this will then show you a new screen with all the income categories-- near the bottom under  "other miscellaneous income...  " you will find "foreign earned income and exclusions"  ).   TurboTax will then guide you through the process.  If you need more help, please  feel welcome

Okay, I'm not sure which option to choose from.

What Form(s) Was Foreign Income Reported On?

A statement from my foreign employer (could be cash)?

@eathandrail based on the question that you see answer "a statement" -- that should work.

Is this what you meant ?

you can answer --I will be for a little while and so can respond  rtight away.

Thank you! Also, I've also already paid taxes on my income from NZ. How do I state this as to not get taxed twice?

@eathandrail  once you enter the foreign earned income then TurboTax will walk you through the next bit to see if you qualify to exclude this  ( or how much of it ) form US taxes -- form 2555.  General rule is you need to meet  Physical Presence test  ( i.e. in a test period of 12 months  you must have been abroad in  foreign country or countries  for at least 330 days).  That is  how you would avoid  double taxation

Thank you for your help!

@eathandrail  glad to help