turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

For 2018, will the Federal $10K property tax deduction limitation apply to all properties (including second homes) combined, or just my primary residence?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JBH0
Level 2

For 2018, will the Federal $10K property tax deduction limitation apply to all properties (including second homes) combined, or just my primary residence?

I'm assuming you are referring to 2018 $10,000 state and local taxes deduction limit. That would include all state and local taxes.  That limit applies to  2018 forward, not 2017. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JBH0
Level 2

I'm assuming you are referring to 2018 $10,000 state and local taxes deduction limit. That would include all state and local taxes.  That limit applies to  2018 forward, not 2017. 

He clearly mentioned 2018, Federal tax (not state and local) for Property Tax deduction, including Primary Residence, secondary home, and may be rental property
atn888
Returning Member

Does the 10K apply to both primary AND secondary home? or Do I have 10K for each house (1 for primary and 1 for secondary)?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies