Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Half of property inherited when father died; another sixth when brother died and another third when second brother died. 1099 S show one sale amount. Do I report as three seperate transactions and split 1099 proceeds accordingly or do I show as one tra

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Half of property inherited when father died; another sixth when brother died and another third when second brother died. 1099 S show one sale amount. Do I report as three seperate transactions and split 1099 proceeds accordingly or do I show as one tra

You only want to enter the transaction once.  The complication will be figuring out the cost basis for the property, when you inherited different percentages at different times.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You only want to enter the transaction once.  The complication will be figuring out the cost basis for the property, when you inherited different percentages at different times.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies