Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form K1P Additional Info

In 2020 I had interest expense from debt used to finance acquisition of partnership interest. In past years, I manually entered this expense using Forms mode, in Form K-1P Additional Information under Outside Expenses. This year, K-1P Additional Info does not show up. Why is that and where should I enter this expense?  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Form K1P Additional Info

Okay, I entered the interest expense on Line 11 (code I - Other income (loss)) of the K-1. This generated the K1P Additional Info form. I then deleted all the entries for Line 11 and entered the interest expense under Outside Expenses, Line 2 - Interest expense from debt used to finance acquisition of partnership interest. So far so good.

But this amount is not flowing through to Schedule E, Part II, Line 28 as it should. What is causing this issue? This is really frustrating, so any help is much appreciated.

Form K1P Additional Info

I manually entered the amount (without having to use Override) on Form K1, section C, column (h). Now it flows through to Schedule E. Now the sun is shining and birds are singing again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies