Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form K-1 Review says need to "use separate K-1 Worksheets to report more than one type of foreign gross income". Does this mean making out a new Schedule K-1 ?

I have four (4) K-1's with this problem; three from NGL limited partners in various accounts and one from Icahn Enterprise Partnership.  If it was just one K-1 from each entity, I could see this might work, but am concerned that this is about to become a real mess.  Very disappointed by TurboTax that it has this issue.

bobruden
Returning Member

Form K-1 Review says need to "use separate K-1 Worksheets to report more than one type of foreign gross income". Does this mean making out a new Schedule K-1 ?

I did as you said to do, but the k-1 do not combine

Every year there seems to be a different issue with K-1s.  As Buckeye Partners was mentioned previously, I thought I would post what worked for me this year on Buckeye and may help for other PTPs. 

As suggested, there are two K-1 entries.  First K-1 I titled "Buckeye Partners - General" and includes entries for all Parts and all information EXCEPT Box 16F and Box 16M (16M1 on the statement)

Second K-1 is titled "Buckeye Partners - Passive" and only has the Part I entries to identify it and the Box 16F and 16M information that was not entered in the first K-1.

My thanks to rbeck777 and rlottsman for their infomation that helped get me to this resolution.

johns6
Returning Member

This is the first time I have encountered this problem. A real pain, I finally printed and mailed. I wonder if the other tax software companies are having this conflict? May not buy TT next year.

So, if I have entries for both F and G, do I have to create new K-1s for each one or can I enter both in a single (2nd) K-1?

I agree with you.  If the Partnership can enter all the information on the same form, why can't TurboTax accept all the information on the same form?

I want a flat tax with no deductions/etc.: it would then take all of 5-15 minutes to fill it out and we could get rid of all the frustration.

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

Yes, if you have a Form 1065 Schedule K-1 with box 16 codes F and G, you'll need to enter a separate K-1 and report code F on one K-1 and code G on the other.  The partnership information (name, address, EIN, etc.) is the same for both K-1 forms you are entering.

For the boxes other than box 16 on each of the separate K-1, report only the amounts associated with the box 16 code being reported on that K-1 (i.e., passive income boxes on one K-1 and general income boxes on the other). The boxes reported on the separate K-1s should total to the same box amount on the single K-1 you actually received.

@JWAmpsOnly

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
nidada

What if line G doesn't exist in section 16?

Do i still need to enter another K-1 and enter G with "0"?

Thanks much.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Make sure you are in the right K1 form.  If you are preparing a partnership K1, Code 16G is a valid selection. Make sure you are reporting this in this form and not a  S-Corp or Trust K1.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I had wasted almost 24 hours trying Box 16E problem without success.  Thanks to you, I was able to resolve the issue in a few minutes with your very simple instructions. I would like to nominate you to be the CEO of Turbotax so you could teach them a few things that have been bothering countless people for years. Wishing you the best and hoping you will continue helping people with your wisdom.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies