Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@buddy30 it's resolved! Go go go!!!

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Turbotax is saying I am ineligible when I put my information in but this link is saying my area (newtown Square, PA) is considered non-urban and is eligible: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/3f67d5e82dc64d1589714d5499196d4f/page/Page/

Is anyone else experiencing this and if so what did you do? I do not want to leave money on the table if we are. 

DTT5

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I had the same issue, but it looks like it has been fixed; I was able to e-file yesterday (2/29/24) with Form 8911

PGenCT

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Yes, same here.  My GEOID is on the list for 2020 eligibility, but TT is saying I don't qualify.  When I called customer support, they said there's nothing they can do if the software says I'm ineligible.

jeffabren

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

When will this error be updated in TurboTax. I really need to complete it. The date keeps pushing out.

Thanks,

Jeff

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@jeffabren it would Do you well to read the previous posts. It has been fixed since last Thursday. Update, your TurboTax software or refresh your browser and it should just work.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@jeffabren wrote:

When will this error be updated in TurboTax. I really need to complete it. The date keeps pushing out.

Thanks,

Jeff

If you are using the TurboTax desktop editions installed on a personal computer, you need to update the software to the latest release.

Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Has anyone gone back in to file an amended 1040, after giving up on waiting for Intuit to complete the Form 8911 updates?  I did, and that was a mistake.  Now when I go into my taxes to add the Alternative Fueling Station credit and allow it to complete the proper forms (8911 and 1040-X), Turbo Tax tells me that I OWE $60 (versus a refund of almost $800).  No matter what I enter on the 8911, its still $60 owed on the 1040X.  I have to manually go in and override the values that the 8911 is adding to the Federal Income Tax credits, on a line by line, tax liability basis, so essentially I have to do the entire 1040X by hand, to get it to calculate my amended form properly.  i may skip the tool and just write everything by hand because I am so furious and I want nothing to do with TT again. 

So, this issue may be fixed for initial filers, but not for Amended form filers who decided not to wait for Intuit to get their act together.

To top it off, I also found another bug.... Turbo tax is telling me now that I have completely checked over form 1040-X and fixed all of their calculation errors, that I CANNOT e-file the amended return through them because, get this -- "I never filed the initial return using their software."  BS... I filed with TT dlx and already received my refund.  How/why does it not know this???

This is the last time and last year I put myself through their BS, and jumping through their hoops, when I end up having to wait 20 weeks for a refund because their tools don't work, and thats after I manually did all of the calcs.  UNREAL.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@tksamtec1 I waited and filed on 3/1 without trouble. Full refund was issued already. Not sure why the amend process would be different but not surprising given TT issues this year. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@tksamtec1 Didn't you ask for and receive a refund for TurboTax because of all the issues you were having? Maybe that's why you have to pay $60 again. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I did....but I never heard back. So, I went ahead and filed. I just got around to doing the amendments today, thinking by now, everything with TT would be fixed. NO.

SROak

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@tksamtec1 

Thanks for the heads-up.  I filed without the 8911 included, and planned to file an amended 1040, but now I'll look out for the complications.  Once I actually receive my refund, I'll try to submit the amended forms.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

TurboTax should make it easy for us by determining our census, tract, or GEOID, based on our home address where we installed the charger, instead of having to do all the hard work of looking up our longitude and latitude and census tract and determining whether that census tract was eligible or in eligible. I was not eligible, but filled out all the data, and lo and behold TurboTax said I qualified for the credit and IRS in fact gave me the credit in my refund. I’m not sure the TurboTax or the IRS has a good handle on this.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies