Did PMI get extended for 2017?

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

Just recently yes....now the final forms need to be re-done with this retroactive change.   What a mess, who knows how long till the form will be ready.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

and now the fun begins!

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

Yes, I filed my federal return 2 days ago. I’m wondering if it is worth it to amend the return

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

So do we wait to amend after receiving our refund?

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

Yes, wait for the original return to complete processing....refund approved and sent.  Then prepare the amended, print, sign and mail it in.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

Now that PMI has been extended ,Can I enter in mortgage insurance premiums into box 5? Working on my return now. My box 5 is blank but the info I need is listed below on the form. I called my mortgage company and they said I could put it in but to check with an accountant. At the time the 1098 was printed congress hadn't approved it. I just want to ensure I am doing this correctly.

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

@alsh31 - TurboTax issued an update today that allows the box 5 PMI.

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

macuser_22 wonderful thank you!

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

But if we've already filed and received our refund before PMI was reinstated, can we amend it online or do we have to print, mail, etc?

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

unfortunately, it must be amended

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

Do  not amend until after the original return has been fully processed and refund received.

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

"or do we have to print, mail, etc"

Yes, amended returns can only be printed and mailed.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

Turbotax was updated to allow the deduction for mortgage insurance premiums as of February 22, 2018.  It's included in the entry for mortgage interest.

Remember that the usual rules still apply: there are income limits, and pre-paid lump sum amounts must be spread out over 84 months, you can only deduct the number of months worth that you paid in 2017.  (Up front lump sum amounts for the VA funding fee and Rural Housing Authority are fully deductible, and monthly premiums are fully deductible.)

Also, because the deduction expired at the end of 2016 and was not renewed until 2018, many banks did not report mortgage insurance on their 1098 forms.  If you don't know your PMI or MIP amount, contact your mortgage lender.

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**

Did PMI get extended for 2017?

deleted