Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mhr1
Level 3

desktop document related to tax year not loading

worked on entries and saved Friday. Now when I open via the related desktop document nothing happens.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Do not try to open your tax return by clicking on the file in Windows. Run TurboTax, then open the tax return from within the TurboTax program.

How are you trying to open your return?  In the Turbo Tax program go up to File-Open.  Doesn't it show up in a box?  There should be a blue button on it that says Continue.  Do you have the .tax2022 file on your computer?  It should be in your Documents in a Turbo Tax folder.  Or where did you save it?   Search your computer for it.  Check the Recycle Bin or Trash.  Check in One Drive, etc.  Check your backups.  Also if you have multiple Windows user accounts, log into each one and do the search for the *.tax2022 data file from within each one and checking the Recycle Bin in each one.

When you double click on the 2022 TurboTax icon to open the TurboTax program and are then are presented the screen showing your 2022 tax return, what exactly happens when you click on Continue for the tax return?

Does the program freeze?  Do you get a rotating circle that never goes away?  Exactly what are you seeing after you click on Continue?

mhr1
Level 3

I did get a spinning ball. Now I got it open and none of my work last week is present. (!)

See if you have any other .tax2022 files on your computer.  If you don't have the main .tax file you might have one that starts with a Tilde sign ~ like  "~your name.tax2022".  That file is if your computer crashes or your real file gets lost or deleted or corrupt so you can restore it.

mhr1
Level 3

Thanks

There's just nothing of my previous work.

Going to start over. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies