Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

Could I be getting code 570 on my transcripts because of EIC or do I need to something to resolve it

I am glad that you received information on when you will receive your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Could I be getting code 570 on my transcripts because of EIC or do I need to something to resolve it

Hi Mary,

I received a 570  and 971 and was told a 4464c letter went out to me. I spoke to the irs about 3 days before I saw these codes on my transcripts. When I did my taxes via credit karma,,, as I do every years for God knows how long now,,,,, I’ve never, ever had any issues,,,, this year,,, I sent my return in and i received an email from CK saying the irs rejected your return because of errors,,,, ok,, I log in see the errors and corrected them and I resend it,,,,,,, again,,, I received an email from CK saying log in and check your refund,, the irs made an adjustment,,,, so I see they added the EITC,, and it showed in the amount of $529.00 ,,,,, I don’t have a clue why they added it because I never claim it because I make too much,,,,,, now on my transcripts,,, I see the codes I stated above,,,,,

when I spoke to the irs the lady stated that I’m good and the notice that when out to me form 4464c ,, she read it to me because I never received it,,,,,,it just said the standard,,, 

“ thank you for your patience as we process your refund if you do not see an update on wmr  within 30 days of this notice please call us. Date of the letter was February 20,,,,,, the representative said there is no issues whatsoever,, and my refund should be in my account by the following week.

however,,,,,, on wmr is still shows,,,, where still processing your refund,,, tax topic 152

so what does all this mean????????

DianeC958
Expert Alumni

The IRS is taking longer to process information sent to them.  

Since you spoke to them and the representative said everything was fine and you should receive your refund, you can wait for a week or so to see if your refund shows up, or you can call the IRS again at 1-800-829-1040 to see if there is an issue.

Thank you I appreciate the information,,,,,, if I may ask this as well,,,,, on the transcripts,,, where it says

any minus sign shown below signifies a credit  

and mine does show a minus amount,,,, does that mean a refund?????? 

transcripts still also show code 

570 and 971

and wmr still saying processing and tax topic 152,,,,,,

it’s just so confusing ,,,,,,,, I don’t mow if I should believe what the irs representative say,,,,,, 
I swear they complicate things that aren’t complicated to begin with,,, it’s crazy,,,,,

Oh and also ,,,,,they put the eitc and then removed it,,,, so why add it just to remove it???? Is that how come my transcripts show a 570?????

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

Code 570:  Additional Liability Pending/or Credit Hold - Per IRS Transaction Codes The IRS is in the process of matching forms they received for you and the ones you reported. Just keep an eye on it; it doesn't mean you're being audited and they should send you a letter if they find something they need more information about. For more information, please see Section 8A - Master File   Section 8A Master File Codes

Thank you,

is this something to worry about? I’m kind of stressing over this,,,, I’ve never had any issues before,,,,,,, but what causes them to even put a 570 to begging with?????

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Any notification from the IRS should and will concern anyone.  The code 570 is done because the return is being pulled for a review, wage verification, or for many other reasons that they need to freeze the refund from being issued.

Please be patient.  If the IRS needs more information they will send you a letter.

Generally speaking, 570 means that your account is (temporarily) frozen from refunding. There are, of course, many reasons for that, and the 570, by itself, does not give any indication of what the reason is.

570 is not a reversal of 846. 846 is reversed by 841 (and, possibly others, but not 570). 570 freezes the account from refunding (temporarily). A 571 or in certain cases a 290 or 291 can release the freeze (there may be others that can release it as well).

trearedd

did you ever get ur return with no issues

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

According to SamS1 in his Turbo Tax post, code 570 stops your return from being processed until an investigation is complete. The 570 code indicates additional liability is pending. Did you have earned income tax credit and/or additional child tax credit?   If you have earned income credit and/or additional child tax credit, it is probably delayed.

Ignore the April 12 date mentioned in the post as this was posted in 2021. Once the investigation is complete, then a Code 571 will be issued and your return will be released for processing.

I got the code 570 on my transcript and when I called hnr block they told me everything was fine my taxes are being held due to path till the first week of March is that true 

yes the PATH ACT  requires the IRS to withhold refunds until at least 2/15 (this year it may be 3/1) if certain credits are claimed.

https://www.howard-bison.com/code-570-on-irs-transcript-february-2022-know-the-meaning/ 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies