Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Child tax credit

@Ilerey20  wrote:

If I want to receive the full amount now how can I do it or can’t ?

If you are referring to the increased Child Tax Credit, that increase is only on the 2021 tax return to be filed next year, not on the 2020 tax return.

Child tax credit

@Ilerey20  The child tax credit increased for 2021; some people who are eligible are getting half of the increased amount in advance as monthly payments that began in July 2021.   The other half of the credit is a refundable amount added to your 2021 refund when you file your 2021 tax return next year in 2022.   There is not a way to get all of it now.   

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/2021-child-tax-credit-and-advance-child-tax-credit-payments-t...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Child tax credit

I did not get the advance child tax money to day is there a delay?

Child tax credit

I received the last two months of 750.00 payments I did not receive it today the 15th

Shawn59
Returning Member

Child tax credit

I filled two kid and get 300 dollars 

Child tax credit

@bossdad510 wrote:

I received the last two months of 750.00 payments I did not receive it today the 15th

No one here on this TurboTax forum would know why you did not receive the child tax credit advance payment today.

IRS new release - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-families-now-receiving-september-child-tax-credit-payments

Child tax credit

Any advice/assistance would be appreciated.  We received the first two Child Tax Credits on time without issue via direct deposit.  We have not received the September one and there is no processed payment in the portal.  None of our information has changed.  What should we do?

Child tax credit

@Tony214917 TurboTax has no involvement in those monthly child tax credit payments.  Watch your mailbox in case the IRS mailed your September payment instead of making a direct deposit.   And...just in case...if you amended your 2020 tax return your eligibility for the monthly payments is affected.

This is a brand new system thrown together by the IRS after Congress changed tax laws in the middle of the tax season.  There are going to be bugs, glitches and mistakes made and folks will unfortunately have to be patient until they sort it out.  

If you do not receive the monthly payments you will be able to get the CTC on your 2021 tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/2021-child-tax-credit-and-advance-child-tax-credit-payments-t...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ahallz

Child tax credit

My twin daughters were born in August 2020 but I did not get the CTC.  I am trying to amend but I cannot find a way to check the Child Tax Credit on my 1040

Child tax credit

You automatically get it.  Did you say the twins lived with you the WHOLE YEAR?   Go back to My Info and click Edit by the baby. Make sure you select she lived with you THE WHOLE YEAR not just the number of months. A child born even on Dec 31 is considered to live with you the whole year. It even says that on the screen.

Child tax credit

I file my taxes and forgot to claim the child tax credit for my granddaughter and nephew what should I do?

Child tax credit

@pauleenz_1 wrote:

I file my taxes and forgot to claim the child tax credit for my granddaughter and nephew what should I do?

If you filed your tax return incorrectly, you would need to amend.  However, you can not amend for another month or two yet, so you will need to wait.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-...

Child tax credit

I received confirmation of child tax credit but never received it payment summary has unknown bank info.   Any ideas what to do

PattiF
Expert Alumni

Child tax credit

If you have not received the Child Tax Credit, you can ask the IRS to trace the payment.

Question H10 discusses your situation in this IRS link.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Hokesherman
Returning Member

Child tax credit

How do I take an child off my taxes for the year 2021

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies