Can't get home and office 2018 to gather data from home and office 2017. How can I do this?

Can't get my Turbo Tax Home and business to upload data from last year. I bought Premier by mistake but then upgraded to Home and office after I was already into the process of working with the program.

The reason you cannot transfer data from 2017 to your 2018 return is that you did not do it at the very beginning.  The only time you can transfer the previous year's data in is when you begin the return.  If you start entering 2018 data it is too late to transfer 2017 in.  If you want to transfer 2017 in you need to start over.