Can I manually enter the correct amount of charita...

auntiebk

Can I manually enter the correct amount of charitable contributions in state form Oregon OR-A? What carried over is less than input to federal.

There is a $636 discrepancy in the cash amount carried over.   All the charities are qualified.
ReneeM7122

Yes, you can enter forms mode to make a manual adjustment.  However this could have an effect on the 100% accuracy guarantee by TurboTax.

Here is how to use Forms Mode:

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

• Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  • In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  • In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  • Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

Here is a TurboTax article about charitable donations.

auntiebk

Tried repeatedly to delete Oregon OR-A form. Nothing happened.  Tried deleting entier OR 40 form. nothing happened.  Cleared cache. Used different browser. Nothing happened.

Do I have to delete federal entirely and start completely over?

I've never had this much trouble with TurboTax before.  Frustrated.

Cynthiad66

No.   Hold on for a while. Your problem is being generated probably because there are issues on the Federal Contributions area of the return which translates to the State.  

There is an issue with the contributions deduction and TurboTax is working to fix it.  We do not have an estimated date of correction, at this time.  I suggest you check back often to see if the correction has been made.

There is a problem with the Contributions section of the Itemized deductions and also the above the line $300.00 deduction.  Because of the many changes due to the CARES Act, IRS is still developing the forms and publications on this issue.  Last update was January 13th where everything is still in draft.  Once IRS finalizes the forms, we will be able to update TurboTax to accurately reflect your Contributions deduction.

The new legislation allows tax deductions on two types of charitable gifts. First, it allows up to $300 given to a qualified charity to be claimed as an above-the-line deduction. After the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which went into effect in 2018, increased the standard deduction, many taxpayers had less incentive to donate to charities. Instead, they took the standard deduction and stopped itemizing.

For taxpayers who will itemize deductions, the CARES Act effectively suspends the limit on deductions for cash contributions to public charities for 2020.  “That allows individuals to completely wipe out their AGI, and their tax liability, with a charitable contribution.