Solved: Can I expense 3 different business vehicles using Actual Expense method on one and Standard Expense method on the other 2 vehicles?

Can I expense 3 different business vehicles using Actual Expense method on one and Standard Expense method on the other 2 vehicles?

Yes, each time you enter a vehicle you will be asked a series of questions. You would simply choose the actual expense method for the one vehicle, and choose the standard expense method for the other two.

1. Select "Business" at the top of the screen

2. Choose "Continue", then "I'll choose what I work on"

3. Select "Start" next to "Business Income and Expenses"

4. Select "Edit" next to your business name

5. Scroll down to Business Expenses

6. Now select "Start/Update" next to "Business Vehicle Expenses"

7. On the Vehicle Summary page you are able to select "+Add Another Vehicle"

8. Continue until you get to the page asking "Do you want to see if your actual vehicle expenses give you a bigger deduction?"

5. Scroll down to Business Expenses